- Our Sporthotel
- Leisure Time
- Service & Contact
- Gallery & Videos
3 or 4 days to ski, relax and enjoy the mountains
Thermal Badhotel Kirchler
A-6294 Hintertux 765
Tel. +43 5287 8570
It is believed that the first inhabitants of the Tuxer Valley were the "Breonen", a Raetian tribe with settlements in the Wipp Valley. Many ancient field-names, such as Naudis, Nappes, Vallruck, Juns, Els and Tettens date from this early settlement.
Shepherds and mountain farmers climbed down to the tree-covered valley through the Schmirn Valley via the Tuxer Joch. Six farmers from the Schmirn Valley were the first to settle down in Hintertux. They lived a simple live and earned their living by farming at an altitude of 1.500 m.
As Hintertux was not accessible from the Ziller Valley the deceased had to be carried over the Tuxer Joch to be then buried in the Schmirn Valley cemetery. When in 1913 the Rosengarten Bridge was built, Tux could be reached from the Ziller Valley.
In 1926 Hintertux was incorpurated in the municipality of Tux. The 23 Thermal springs, the highest in Europe, are a special gift from the nature. For four generations now these springs have been privately owned by the Kirchler Family. The water has a temperature of about 22°C.
A-6293 Hintertux 7879
Tel. +43 5287 8558
On Saturday 10 January 1948 by Mr. Lambert from Tipotsch Finkenberg in the Official Journal of the municipality Mayrhofen the following items were released:
„This year celebrated the thermal bath Hintertux their 100th anniversary, in which the Governor Dr. Ing Gatterer White and many other celebrities from the city and country were present. For 85 years, the former modest "farmer's" (Bauernbadl), which has an international reputation, is in possession of the family name Kirchler, also known as Rinderer ("cattle") in the Zillertaller population. If you do ask people where this name comes from, only some will know. Therefore, I am going to tell you briefly from an old chronicle.
A significant time for the Hintertux thermal bath (Badhotel) business was in 1862, when Johann Kirchler had taken over the property. He was a farmer's son from Wäges in Finkenberg, his father had purchased the property through diligence and thrift. Johann his grandfather was the son of a local Pustertaler (the region of Pustertal), he had deserted from the Bavarian army in 1800, the Dornauer farmers in Finkenberg found him a place to hide (this same farm still exists today). The farmer hid him and took him in the summer to his cattle grazing ground “Alpe Ebenschlag”, and in the winter he was based in an “Asten” (a smaller version of an alpe). He renamed himself “Rinderer” after his employment finished to avoid capture from Bavarian Army. Only when Austria took control off Tirol was he able to move freely again and took on his old family name Kirchler. The Pustertaler (Pustarian) was the grandfather of the present Bath hotel (Badhotel) business owner."
The Rindererhof was built in 1978 and opened on 6th of October in 1979. Mr. Joseph Kirchler had the idea to bring back to life the history related name: Rinderer.
Incidentally, the family Kirchler has been established in Hintertux for 7 generations. Joseph and Rosa Kirchler were very hard working, enthusiastic, dedicated, hospitable and for the “farmer-shrewdness”, which was mentioned by many local folk about Mr. Kirchler. Also it was an excellent economic situation in those days by the former "Mountain Hotel Badgasthof" and here they built their empire: The "Badhotel Kirchler”.
Over the years they have built up their empire of companies and hotels and the Rindererhof is proud to be in the position as one of them.
A-6293 Lanersbach 312
Tel. +43 5287 8560
Ferienhof zur Sonne
A-6293 Tux 771
Tel. +43 5287 87600